When building a new home or retrofitting an existing home, it is very important to choose the right type of roof that will last longer. Roofs not only protect houses and homeowners from external influences.
The house roof can also provide additional living space and make the houses more energy efficient and weatherproof, especially in rain and snow
Designing house roofs can be very difficult and making the right choice can be a chore. Here we have put together top designs for the design of your house roofs:
- Gable roof design: it is generally triangular in shape, part of a wall between the edges of intersecting roofs. It is one of the most common designs in areas where the temperature is cold.
- Green roof design: This is a design that partially or completely covers vegetation and plants. It also has additional layers for drainage and irrigation systems. It is also known as the cool roof because it is environmentally friendly for both the environment and the residents of the house
- Hipped roof design: This is a type of design with all the sides sloping towards the wall side. It’s a pretty gentle slope design. However, hip roofs are more difficult to construct than pitched roofs. These roof structures are common in bungalows and cottages
- Shed Roof Design: This design is considered to be one of the cleanest and most functional designs. This roof brings a lot of light and warmth and replaces the impractical attic and offers a good interior
- Mansard Roof Design: This is a four sided gambrel style roof design with two slopes on either side. This style makes the most of the loft and is a great way to add more history to the building