Landscaping refers to lights used for outdoor decoration, especially for private gardens and public parks to enhance beauty, night aesthetics, safety, accessibility and any kind of use for social events, etc.
Landscape lights give the house, garden and yard an attractive appearance. These landscape lights can be strategically placed to push back the darkness with the push of a button. These lights can be used as one of the best means to highlight the structure and architectural features of the houses. It helps to pay special attention to certain plants and trees.
Nowadays, most landscape lights come in low voltage, which is safe, cheaper and easy to install. It can shine subtly washing over a low garden wall in the moonlight shining downwards. The landscape lighting concept is also artistic and requires strategic planning to achieve a calming and appealing look.
Setting up landscape lights is easy and can be done within a weekend. There are plenty of DIY videos online that have step-by-step details to make decorating easier. You can also use LED lights for landscaping. However, they can be a bit expensive compared to regular light bulbs.
Landscape lighting can be placed in the following areas:
- The focus area of the back yard can be nicely decorated with the lights to make it stand out
- Special trees or plants can be shaped with lights
- The pool area can be illuminated to highlight the pool area for better accessibility
- Garden walls are also one of the best places to put these lights and show them the way
- The entrance of the house can be well lit with some fancy lights to ensure a warm and pleasant welcome.