Wicker furniture is one of the most popular types of furniture that is also widely used. The word “wicker” means the method by which the furniture is made. The most commonly used material is rattan, a plant found in the rainforests of Southeast Asia. Rattan material is inherently hollow compared to bamboo which is stronger.
However, many people, including the seller, believe that wicker furniture and rattan are almost the same. But there is a notable difference between the two. Rattan is a close relative of the palm and also a grape that grows rapidly in the southeast. Basket, on the other hand, is not a material but an ancient method of making items from natural materials such as wicker, cane, rattan, etc. These materials are wet so they can be easily woven into wicker furniture for the patio. Once these materials have cooled, finer pieces are woven into the frame.
The following are the advantages of wicker furniture:
- Wicker furniture comes in a variety of styles
- The materials are natural and therefore fast growing and sustainable
- The wicker furniture looks good inside and out
- This type of furniture suits a modern and more traditional home
- Wicker furniture is also very light and therefore easier to carry.
Wicker furniture gives the house a good look and feel, but it also has its drawbacks:
- It is difficult to maintain this type of furniture in bad weather.
- Even finely woven wicker furniture is very expensive compared to other types of furniture because the labor cost of making this furniture is high
So think of everything and opt for wicker garden furniture.